Frequently Asked Questions
1) Where can I find a Quick Started Guide or Help Manual?
Please see the blog entry, “Quick HOW-TO for MileBug Beginners“
2) How do I transfer data from Lite to Full?
Please see the blog entry, “Transfer Data from Lite to Full“
3) How do I restore my data from a backup file (.mbdata)?
Please see the second half of the blog entry, “Transfer Data from Lite to Full“. The process is the same.
4) How is a backup different than a report?
A backup file (.mbdata) generated from the Backup tab is only readable by MileBug and is intended to provide a way to restore your data should your device get lost, broken, or have other problems.
A report is generated from the Report tab and provides a human-readable report of your trips that can used for tax or reimbursement purposes. Reports can be generated in either HTML or CSV (spreadsheet) formats.
5) How do I edit Businesses, Destinations, Vehicles and Purposes?
Select the “Presets” tab and choose the category of items you wish to change. Destinations are business-specific, so first choose the Business, then you will be able to edit the destinations for that business. Please see the blog entry, “Editing Destinations and Purposes“.